Translate Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fairies at my Window sill

This morning I was greeted
By fairies at my window sill.
Fleeting fluttering they flew,
Wings beating like tiny drumbeats.
Forms feathered,
Pink and Purple like cotton candy.
Song sweet sugar, greeting
Warning waning.

Hovering they danced,
Round the feeder hanging.
Pausing, perching, purposed
Tiny tongues flicking
Candy-apple red.

Eyes intelligent peered upon me,
Intruder through the glass.
Beyond, being, befuddled
Watching their graceful beauty
As they drank their fill.

High octane,
Corn sugar,
Sunflower gold it glistened
Like Bradbury's Dandelion Wine.
Whimsical, wondrous, worried
That I would encroach.

Moments, minutes, meticulous
Tiny talon claws lifting
Wings gossamer flitting
Them to fly away,
So my fairies dance away.