Translate Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

60 Posts and 3000 Views!

Wow, I never imagined being here, and I feel strangely bittersweet about it!

I began this blog a little over a few months ago, and already it has grown by leaps and bounds.  Sixty posts, three thousand views - its incredible to someone who has written a book and just started down this larger journey.  Everything is still so very new, unique and wonderful but I find myself in a strange place at the same time.   This Thursday marks my thirty-second birthday, and for lack of a better way to put things I am in a crossroads of my life.

For the past eight years I have been in the same place, with little movement and little prospect.  My life has been consumed by my work, with my escape being writing or other things.  Not all of it is productive, but in between I have had these incredible journeys.   All the same, I have yearned for a change of venue, of perspective and it has always eluded me.   I keep promising myself that if the time comes, I can finally change the way things go, have a life to live and really buckle down on my writing.

Its easy to kick something like that down the road, to say "Well when the time comes...."  The time hasn't come for eight years, and still my second book has languished for the past two.  I couldn't have dreamed of finding a creative community like I have on the internet.  I always wanted a real life critique group, but the local "Nightwriters" meet in places and times that are inconvenient.

Still I have persevered, and I have found my own creative outlet here.   When I next post, it will be beyond 3000, beyond 60 and beyond 32 years.   Time does fly, and life does change.  I hope that with this post, and those who read it, much more good will come.   I extend an invitation to all who read this to give me ideas of things to write about beyond my travel logs and my novel.

What can I do better to help people engage me?

What communities are out there that I would enjoy, and that would like to have me?

I know a lot of you have tremendous insight and I cannot wait to see it.