Translate Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Summer for the Ages

It has been a long, hot summer.   So much has happened in the world, both good and bad.   It seems like everything is coming to a head for something though I don't know what.  I don't forsee things calming down anytime soon, but I've had a long break from blogging and writing in general.

Looking back over this summer, I've got no regrets.  Work dominated my time, and we worked hard this summer, but my school looks better than it has in a while.  It's always so good to have teachers and kids come back and appreciate the work I do.  It's something that makes all that effort worthwhile.  In a way, the end of summer is the start of the year for me, more so than January 1 would be.  I don't know why it is, but I always think of my calendar year according to where I am in the school year.

Ahead is uncertainty.  It's an election year, and there's a lot of turbulence about that.  I am pondering some political musings, though I may make a separate blog for that.    There's also great movies coming out, things to pique my interest and the interest of my readers so I intend to go out and review as I have done once or twice.  Finally is my writing.  The Japan Travelblog will continue and I may even do some travel video logs on my thoughts about Japan.  I'm not much of a speaker, but I may try and see what I come up with.   I also intend to update on my work with my second book, with artwork, ideas and insight.

It's going to be very interesting.  I know this blog is something of a mixed bag but then again so are my thoughts and ideas.  I hope everyone will enjoy what is to come.  Happy summer!